- Relationships: I've spent plenty of time with loved ones this fortnight.
- *Career: I'm grateful for all the trust put in me at work.
- Health and Longevity: I've gotten back into my
- Financial Independence: Well 3 out of 4's not bad.
I've gotten back into my exercises. My shoulder feels much better again.
- Cue: Walk past the office gym on my way to lunch.
- Response: Grab a cup of coffee and exercise my shoulder.
- Reward: Coffee during the workout.
I've kept up with the new recipes each week. I haven't cooked as much this fortnight, though. I really went overboard right before Thanksgiving, so we've been coasting on leftovers for more than a week now.
- Cue: Meal planning.
- Response: Scour the Internet for a new recipe. Write up its salient details. Print it out.
- Reward: Eat a small dark chocolate bar.
This one's still not going so well.
- Cue: Dinner's finished.
- Response: Pack for the next day. Brush my teeth. Grab a tasty beverage. Read in bed. Go to sleep.
- Reward: Read a fun book and drink a tasty beverage.
I've begun writing a brief journal entry each night. It helps me reflect on how my week or fortnight's been. I might yet roll this habit into my "Bedtime Routine" habit's Response once it's properly re-established. I'm concerned that I don't have a proper reward for this one. As near as I can tell it's sort of been the joy of using my newly configured text editor? That doesn't seem sustainable in the long run though.
- Cue: Sit on the bed at the end of the day.
- Response: Open my journal. Record a few sentences about my day.
- Reward: ???
Personal Web Development Stack
I've done a lot of reading on full-stack web development stacks again. I'll take some time before year's end to test out a couple of stacks.
I've been investing time in my dev machine configuration and publishing that configuration in my dotfiles repo on Github. And I've switched my editor from Spacemacs to NeoVim. This may not be the most productive thing I could be doing, but I've sure been having a lot of fun with it.