- ISBN-13: 978-0596808327
- Author(s): Andy Oram and Greg Wilson
- Published: October 30, 2010
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Making-Software-Really-Works-Believe/dp/0596808321/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1490467041&sr=1-1&keywords=making+software+what+really+works+and+why+we+believe+it
- There are too few good, generalizable studies in Software Engineering.
- May need studies to provide "tiers" of observations:
- Context/ audience-specific observations
- General, regorous observations
- Test Driven Development:
- Makes no difference when measuring the internal quality metrics such as complexity.
- Makes small improvements to external quality.
- Has a high learning curve.
- Code coverage is very weakly related to quality.
- Code churn is highly related to defects.