Vertafore Sircon | November 2017 - Present
- Delivered an interactive reporting management system using Spring Boot microservices and an Angular SPA backed by Apache Cassandra.
- Provided standard, interactive, and dashboard reporting capabilities to multiple core applications by extending and integrating the Pentaho BI platform.
- Warehoused cross-application event sourced data using Kafka, Kafka Connect, Spring Data, and Liquibase.
- Implemented cross-application authentication by provisioning and relating corresponding users using Kafka and Kafka Connect.
- Researched and tuned system performance by developing Selenium-based load and breakpoint tests.
Content Management Systems Programmer
MSU ANR Technology Services | September 2014 - November 2017
- Planned and facilitated migration of hundreds of websites from ExpressionEngine to dotCMS.
- Planned and executed successful migration of CMS to vendor-managed AWS cluster.
- Designed and developed custom tools, services and servlets, workflow actions, class overrides, testing and debugging utilities, etc.
- Coordinated with vendor support and infrastructure and department infrastructure teams in order to ensure service availability.
- Managed developer tools and infrastructure including Docker containers, Vagrant boxes, and VCS repositories.
- Contributed to vendor’s open-source CMS, dotCMS.
Student Web Programmer
MSU ANR Technology Services | May 2011 - September 2014
- Developed and managed dozens of websites in a MVC CMS, ExpressionEngine.
- Developed and maintained CMS add-ons, libraries, and custom reports in PHP in order to improve CMS usability and functionality.
- Varnish cache purging tools and automation.
- Data access library to quickly perform common, cached, standardized database lookups.
- Integrated CMS with department and university APIs and services.
- Placed all existing software and websites in version control systems.
Information Systems Intern
General Mills, Inc. | May 2013 - August 2013
- Integrated third-party couponing services and aggregated external coupon data.
- Overhauled frontend couponing application built in SiteCore.
Computer Science and Engineering B.S.
Michigan State University | 2009 - 2018
- Frameworks: Spring + Spring Boot, Angular, OSGi, CodeIgniter
- Data Stores: Cassandra, Kafka, PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: Chef, Kubernetes, Docker, Liquibase, Vagrant
- Servers: Apache Tomcat, Apache httpd
- Testing: JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Selenium, ScalaTest, Jest
- Version Control: Git, Subversion, Mercurial
- Build Tools: Maven, Webpack, Grunt, Angular CLI, SBT, Leiningen
- Content Management Systems: dotCMS, ExpressionEngine, Wordpress