2019 has been a trip. I definitely did a lot of things, but I'm not that much closer to my goals than I was in 2018. My personal relationships aren't stronger on the whole. My career's progressing, but it's taken some unexpected turns, and a lot of the direct action I've taken was for naught. My health has generally improved as I'm in less pain and I've been eating better. My finances are worse.
Things That Went Well
- I developed self-reflection habits.
- I started going to therapy.
- I worked with a physical therapist to alleviate the pain in my shoulder.
- I've improved my cooking skills by learning a new recipe each week.
- I got promoted and took on more leadership responsibilities at work.
- I built a bunch of software BitClocks which were instructive.
- I built a couple mechanical keyboards.
Things That Didn't Go Well
- I overextended and burned myself out in the fall.
- We bought a car on a loan when we should have saved for a house.
- The JVM User Group died under my organization.
- I built a hardware BitClock which... I'm not really happy with.
- I never quite cemented good bedtime habits.
Things To Do In 2020
- Reduce toil.
- Focus on goals more than once every two weeks.
- Reduce hard commitments.